* For the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching TV, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.
* For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
* For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
* For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
* For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
* For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
* For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
* For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
* For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
* For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
* For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
* For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
* For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
* For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.
I didn’t write this, but my friend showed me this and it makes you look at things in a different perspective.